*My “disturbing” observations about the behavioral attitudes of various “Whatsapp” groups*
*Behavioural attitude : ELITIST group Vs NON GRADUATE groups*
I am being a member of BE Whatsapp group and member of PG whatsapp group and one ELITE group.
My school mate, who has
been part of a diploma group and my another friend too has been part of school group and *both of them are not graduates.*
One of our recent “phone chats during my morning walk”, i discussed about Cafe Coffee Day Siddharth suicide.
My both friends were absolutely unaware of what is Coffee Day, who is Siddharth, what matters if he killed himself and it seems they’re too NAIVE.
Then, as if I am up to date of all current affairs, in a teasing way, I sarcastically inquired as, “at least are you aware of Article 370???”
Again, it seems, both expressed their ignorance and really, i was pity on them.
Then sarcastically, I teased both of them as,
*”What is your Whatsapp group doing”??*
*”Don’t they discuss these matters?? don’t they do forwards about these most important affairs???”*
They said big *NO*. Most of ours are not even graduated and *we discuss only on “Tamil language” as most of us are not capable of understanding English language.*
Then, i feel proud of my being part of the elitist groups, and with ultimate arrogance, I teased them again as,
*”Then what’s the use of part of your school and diploma group???”*
“Why do you unnecessarily waste your time by being part of your school group??”
“Then what else you guys doing by being part of whatsapp group?”
*”What VALUE add you do through your school group by being part??”*
Again, my friend naively shared what’s their activities through their school group as follows.
(1) One of his friends became paralyzed recently. Their group has contributed about ₹1.5 lac, submitted to LIC on his name and arranged for annuity of Rs ₹1200 life long.
(2) One of their friends had met with fatal accidents and few members personally helped their family by claiming various LIC funds and deposits.
(3) Who so ever daughter’s or son’s marriage, puberty, college admissions, etc all group members used to contribute small amounts and few members who have been residing near to the concerned function, they go and grace the occasion *without fail* and do all the needful *more than their relatives do.*
(3) Recently, one of his friends got 3 VIP Tickets for “Athi varadharajan dharshan” and last minute, he could not make it and posted to the group. This delightful opportunity has been utilized by other members.
(4) During last 5 years, they (around 25 members) conduct 2 meets per year, one as a bachelor’s meet and another one is a family meet in various locations such as Yercaud, Ooty, Mangalore, etc.
(5) Through these meets all of their SPOUSES too are well connected and those all “wives” formed the whatsapp group and they have made very good friendship out of them.
(6) Few members of the diploma group assume responsibility of distributing “prizes/momentos” to their member’s children who scored good marks or showcased their talents in school level or something.
(7) I have personally attended few functions and few get together as a guest and how these even “non graduates” make friendship and share all possible resources with each other and it gives huge moral support for all their SPOUSES especially.
To my utter disappointing, i feel shame including my attitude of being part of various ELITIST group and WE so call elitist do nothing but pure *INTELLECTUAL* *maxxerbauxxxns* with full of egos, proving who is right, hurting the close friends by forwarding far or against to Modi, Pakistani, religious discriminations, etc is really is unpardonable.
I feel really sorry for all the ELITIST groups and we each one of us should learn how SCHOOL groups extend REAL support to their SPOUSES and children.
My concern is, one should not presume the above mentioned two school groups are exceptions.
*This wonderful behavioural pattern is more or less common for all SCHOOL groups who are academically less qualified.*
Again, it’s sad but this too is the fact that *the above mentioned attitude of ELITIST group too common for all ELITIST groups.*
Again my concern is, *including me,* KNOWLEDGE shouldn’t be used for proving others are wrong but for extending hands to search for opportunities to *TOUCH others LIVES and we should try to make “EMOTIONAL CONNECT” rather than “intellectual connect”.*
Dear elite members,
*Our objective of life should be “gently fondling the HEART of the near and dears rather than stimulating the MIND.”*